Forum Thread: Currently working on...

Right now, my current project is actually a small accessory I'm making for a gift exchange. I'm going to try and use Simplicity 5320 to make a sling pouch. It's intended to be a water bottle sling made out of fat quarters, but I'm going to try and make it out of some scraps of black suedecloth I have laying around.
I might also try and make the strap adjustable, since this is getting made for someone who's pretty tall.

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

What are you currently working on?

1 Response

A series of elemental themed dresses for my wife.  We bought the fire elemental, I'm finishing up the siren (water), next is a banshee (air), and a dryad (earth).

As a LARP costumer, I get to play around with all sorts of fun monster suggestions, since I lack the hideous amounts of money that Hollywood could throw at making one realistic.  I have to get the suggestion of the monster into a costume, enough to let people suspend disbelief and remember what it is they're looking at.

The Banshee is going to be a knee-length pleated black skirt, with an overskirt of a gauzy, mottled fabric.  We'll be attaching some of the gauze to a mask she's making for the occasion as well.

Share Your Thoughts