Forum Thread: Currently working on...

Right now, my current project is actually a small accessory I'm making for a gift exchange. I'm going to try and use Simplicity 5320 to make a sling pouch. It's intended to be a water bottle sling made out of fat quarters, but I'm going to try and make it out of some scraps of black suedecloth I have laying around.
I might also try and make the strap adjustable, since this is getting made for someone who's pretty tall.

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

What are you currently working on?

Life Hacks for Your Smartphone

Fresh tips every day.

1 Response

A series of elemental themed dresses for my wife.  We bought the fire elemental, I'm finishing up the siren (water), next is a banshee (air), and a dryad (earth).

As a LARP costumer, I get to play around with all sorts of fun monster suggestions, since I lack the hideous amounts of money that Hollywood could throw at making one realistic.  I have to get the suggestion of the monster into a costume, enough to let people suspend disbelief and remember what it is they're looking at.

The Banshee is going to be a knee-length pleated black skirt, with an overskirt of a gauzy, mottled fabric.  We'll be attaching some of the gauze to a mask she's making for the occasion as well.

Share Your Thoughts